As a member of the PJ&A coding team, you will be responsible for providing coding services to clients over a multitude of healthcare facilities. All PJ&A coders are experienced using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and DRG coding systems, with continuous professional development of the course of their career. PJ&A is currently coding for inpatient visits, physician office visits, emergency room visits, among many more.
- Analyze patient medical records to identify procedures and physician diagnoses
- Discern relevant patient details from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by each client
- Initiate communication from the physicians’ offices regarding ambiguous or conflicting patient information that follows strict procedural guidelines provided by each client
- Maintain current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Fundamental understanding of Diagnosis-related groups (DRGs)
- Must display effective and professional communication skills
- Monthly progress meetings to discuss process improvements, updates in technology, along with any job-related details
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), CCS, RHIT or RHIA required
- Must have a minimum of2 years of related coding experience
- Ability to learn about and use different EMR systems (training is provided)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Firm grasp of all ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT/HCPCS coding principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and payor-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding, and billing
After their initial interview, all candidates are required to take and pass coding proficiency exam before moving on to the next round of interviews.
This position is remote