As a member of the PJ&A coding team, you will be responsible for providing coding services to clients over a multitude of healthcare facilities. All of our coders are experienced using CPT coding systems, with continued ICD-10 trainings annually. PJ&A is currently coding for outpatient and inpatient visits, physician office visit or emergency room visits, among many more.
This position is for a remote coder who will be located out of a home office.
- Analyze patient medical records to identify procedures and physician diagnoses
- Discern relevant patient details from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client
- Initiate communication from the physicians’ offices regarding ambiguous or conflicting patient information that follows strict procedural guidelines provided by each client
- Mentorships available to train new coders and/or new hires by providing education and training for a pilot new hire program
- Maintain current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Fundamental understanding of Diagnosis-related groups (DRGs)
- Must display effective and professional communication skills
- Assist in working the QA queue for their assigned client when requested
- Monthly progress meetings to discuss process improvements, updates in technology, along with any job related details
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of related coding experience
- CCS and CPC required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Firm grasp of all ICD-10-CM and CPT coding principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and payor-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing
After their initial interview, all candidates are required to take and pass coding proficiency exam before moving on to the next round of interviews.