Perry Johnson & Associates medical transcriptionists are responsible for accurately transcribing physician dictations into specific, organized reports. As a medical transcriptionist, you will need to possess a firm understanding of medical terminology. PJ&A takes pride in being an industry leader in technology, therefore, all of our medical transcriptionists must have the ability to quickly learn the latest computer programs, software, and digital equipment for creating accurate and professional reports.
This position is for a Remote Medical Transcriptionist who will work remotely from their own home office.
- Transcription of dictated reports using client specific guidelines on content and formatting
- Ability to locate patient records based off available information
- Attention to detail
- Perform audits on existing jobs on a monthly basis
- An Editor role will also be granted to medical transcriptionists who display exemplary skill to assist on difficult reports that require advanced help
- Ability to utilize multiple software platforms simultaneously
- Minimum standards of 98.7% accuracy must be met on all reports
- Will be responsible for acute care, clinical, radiology and pathology reports
- Strict adherence to all confidentiality requirements, including HIPAA
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical transcription
- CMT is preferred but not required
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of medical terminology, procedures, pharmacology, and practices
- Must provide own secure workstation
All applicants will be required to take and pass a transcription exam before being considered for the final round of the interview process.