The Software Engineer position requires an energetic, results oriented software professional.
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies. This individual will be able to apply their knowledge of software engineering to solve real-world problems for our customers. This includes maintaining existing applications and developing new applications.
The experience and skillset required for this position is flexible. All experience levels are encouraged to apply; compensation will be commensurate with the applicants’ skills and experience.
This position is located in our Troy, MI office.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Work under general direction with the ability to act independently when determining methods and procedures on new or existing functionality
- Contribute to feature design, coding, unit testing, reviewing and debugging
- Meet deadlines
The Software Engineer will also be required to:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with users
- Learn the technologies, languages, and practices used to develop products
- Diagnose and resolve issues in existing software
- Participate in design and development of new applications
- Other duties as assigned
BA/BS in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience.
Strong problem-solving skills; ability to learn new development language quickly and apply that knowledge effectively; outstanding communications and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers; strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task; ability to work in a collaborative fast paced environment.
Must be knowledgeable of software development concepts and proficient in one or more of the following languages:
Experience with the following is desirable:
- Visual Studio or Eclipse IDE
- Java Servlets
Other Pay: Salary
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Information Technology, Health Care
Education: BS or equivalent work experience
Experience: Minimum 2 years
Manages Others: No
Industry: Computer Software, Healthcare – Health Services
Required Travel: 20%